+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MAMB has a proposal

MORC Chair
    MORC Member Dirt Boss Snowride Club
    Thanks Doug...You can send everything to Ryan and he will forward them to me or use the MORC president email. I'll get those as well. I reviewed the first draft, but will hold off on feedback or suggestions until I get a chance to look over the 2nd draft. Thanks Doug. I'm very excited for you guys!

Dirt Spanker
    MORC Member Gnome Club
    Thanks Reed. I don't think it is actually a public meeting... I'm not 100% sure though. I've been talking with Hansi and Ryan via email about the proposal and revisions. I can send you our second draft once that is finished if you would want to check it out and give any input. I have your email yet from the MORC shirt thing. Thanks.
    Janni - pronounced "Yaw-nee" : )

MORC Chair
    MORC Member Dirt Boss Snowride Club
    Clay,

I'm sure we can help in some way. I would like to get more information from you and also talk to you soemtime about this project and meeting. I have some ideas that may be helpful for you. Also, is that a 3pm meeting on May 23rd? Seems a bit early for a public meeting or is this not a public meeting? Thanks Clay.

Reed

Big Air
    MORC Member

MAMB has a proposal

For all of you following whats going on down here in southern Minnesota, it's my pleasure to let you know we found a MORC proposal online to base ours on for the 7-Mile creek park project in Nicollet county. With it we've put together a professional looking document that we hope will have a similarly positive end result as the template found for the Theo Wirth project.

We are on the county board's agenda for their May 23rd meeting at 3pm. We are hoping to have some presence at the meeting from MORC and IMBA to show Nicollet County that we are not a fly-by-night group, but a band of dedicated volunteers working at the state and national level to create a system of high quality sustainable trails.

Hansi has been contacted and is offering to visit in the weeks before the meeting to host a powerpoint presentation. We are looking into whether any board members are willing to make themselves available for that meeting. I don't know if Doug has contacted Ryan Lieske yet, but we're hoping to have him or some other MORC board member come speak on our behalf also.

One of our board members has made contact with several Nicollet County board members already and they have expressed interest in the project and the prospect of the increased tourism a well done project like this could have to this area.

Right now my mission is to find positive news articles showcasing the upside for the community and businesses where new trail projects have been a success. We feel a few well chosen examples included in conjunction with the proposal will be powerfully persuasive...So if any of you following this see anything that fits the bill, please post it here for me to find.

All in all, things look fairly optimistic down here. I hope we'll have more good news to share with you all and maybe some killer single-track to ride in the not too distant future. Stay tuned.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information