+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fatbike Frozen Forty - Feburary 25, 2012

Bike Guru
    MORC Member

Ha. Riddle that.

Race hidden in the fine print. Yes but no. Sort of. Warm fuzzy for all.

Somebody needs to take claim to the "North of Iowa Fatbike worldchampionship" before the Sandwich boy's take claim to it.

To call it an "ultra" we should meet at the Pirates and ride from there. That would count.

Right Jim.

Bike Guru
    Sounds like a good time and a good grooming fest.

I'm confused though, on the web site it mentions state champ race. It's just a ride, how can there be a champ at a ride?

Plus, ever since 07/08 Hillside has been home to the FatBike State Champ Race (previously pugfest). King of the Hill. There's a traveling trophy too. Goons race for traveling trophy.

Not trying to be negative just seeking clarity in my memory.....

No matter what this event turns into it should be fun for all!

Crazed Zealot
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    This'll be something the goon squad (LCR) will line up to do. Not much around here for all-day winter events. I'm going to have to get out and ride a lot more than once a month if I want to finish this one!

P.S. - Thanks for the date change Brad, I think it will help us both. I will definitely send everyone from FatBikeFest over to Elm Creek for this one. If you want to have some flyers at FatBikeFest, just let me know. I'll help however I can.

Now if we can get some snow already!!!
    To hesitate is a waste of time.

Granny Gear
    MORC Member

Fatbike Frozen Forty - Feburary 25, 2012

The Fatbike Frozen Forty (info at FatbikeFrozen40.com or RideFatbikes.com) has been moved, from February 11, 2012 to February 25, 2012, in an effort to accommodate riders who want to be fresh for the Hillside Cold Bear Challenge on February 12, 2012.

The Fatbike Frozen Forty (Triple F) is a mid-distance winter bike endurance event, taking place in Elm Creek Park, in Maple Grove. It's the first year for this fun event, and it's a group fun ride, rather than a race. It's a chance to meet and hang out with other fatbike riders, test out your winter bike endurance, and log 40 miles in winter.

We have a preregistration page at RideFatbikes.com, and would love to hear from sponsors and others who are able to donate or contribute food, beverage, mechanical help or trail support, etc. Twenty2 Cycles (from Colorado) is our lead sponsor, and they will likely bring one of their bikes out to let people check out.

This should be a great event, and we'd love to see some MORC riders out there joining us or helping out.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information