+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexington Dirt Jump Park in Eagan update.

Spiritual Vessel
    MORC Member
    Having a hard time getting my flat-spin 1080 to nose manual dialed...could be my tires aren't the right durometer.
    Submit your grievances here.

Forum Master
    MORC Member Gnome Club Snowride Club
    Quote Originally Posted by cglasford View Post
    You are correct all the orginal stuff has been or will be removed
    Monday night that last jump line was still there, but they were all gone tonight.

I swept off the beginner track with the broom Clay left because it was getting quite loose and "dusty", but it could really use some water as well.
    650B has arrived!

Chainring Keeper
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by zombinate View Post
    made it out today for the first time to check it out. Have become acutely aware of how lousy I am at pumping as well. Am I correct that the original dirt jumps were all taken out (the grass covered ones in the background of pics earlier)? Are other jumps going to be built, or is it going to be a pump only affair?

You are correct all the orginal stuff has been or will be removed but new jumps will be put in place. The pump tracks are only phase one! Phase two shall begin on 5/19 and there will be more jumps then were there before as we will actully not waste any space, there will be very little flat areas in the bike park.

That reminds me, next build day/weekend is going to be 5/19 probably start in the AM some time more details to come

Singlespeed
    MORC Member

made it out today for the first time to check it out. Have become acutely aware of how lousy I am at pumping as well. Am I correct that the original dirt jumps were all taken out (the grass covered ones in the background of pics earlier)? Are other jumps going to be built, or is it going to be a pump only affair?

MORC Board Member
    MORC Member Dirt Boss Bike Patrol
    Very sweet! Nice work guys. I will definitely have to get out there to check it out. I need to get the T.o.P. out to play a little!
    Ride and Smile! See ya on the trails.

Chainring Keeper
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    Here is a great write up from a local rider that got to enjoy the pump track for the first time last week!
    http://mountainbikegeezer.com/posts/...pens-in-eagan/

Chainring Keeper
    MORC Member Dirt Boss

Like the Facebook page

Thanks for the update!

Hey anyone that is following this and hasn't liked the Facebook page please do so, search key word Lexington street bike park

This is a great indicator of support that we can show the city! Thank you!

Dirt Spanker
    Everything is setting good. Beginner rolls fast right now!

Chainring Keeper
    MORC Member Dirt Boss

On the 8th day God gave us pump and we rode!

I have no idea were to start!
    I just want to thank everyone that showed up to help build! We had a great turn out despite the on and off rain all day. I believe we had 12 people that showed up.
    I want to give a huge shout out to Tim Wegner and Mike Mullany for bringing their machinery and operating it all day long for us! We moved a ton of dirt and made a lot of awesome track!
    I want to thank QBP for allowing so many of their employees to come out and help build.
    I want to think Josh Abrahamson for bringing a grill and sausages.
    I want to thank Clay Haglund for driving all the way up from Mankato to help out and donating a push broom to the cause! Shout out to Adam Buck for sending the beautiful Red Bull ladies our way for a nice mid afternoon pick-me-up!
    I also want to thank Thor and Nick for all their attention to detail and really making the two completed tracks super dialed in!
    Over all it was a huge success. We dialed the beginner pump track, completed the second pump tack, which is a replica of the Whistler Crankworx '10 and got the 3rd pump track, a replica of sea otter '09 roughted in!
    Today I will be back out there to run some shovels around 1-130ish. I know a few people said they would come back out. I will send a text to everyone I know. Other wise spread the word. It is suppose to be sunny till dinner time and then get cloudy and rain starting after sun set! So the tracks should be in great shape for riding! Thanks again to everyone that showed up and brought tools and I hope to see you out there today and all summer enjoying the bike park! There is nothing like this in the Metro, MN or even the midwest that I am aware of!

Big Air
    MORC Member
    It was great meeting you guys. Really impressed with QBP and their commitment to area riding with the help of several of their employees. Hope to ride with you guys more in the future.

Where are the pictures showing the more complete intermediate track? That one was basically done when I left at 4. I thought of taking another photo with my cell before leaving but I figured someone with a better camera would have captured it.

Forum Master
    MORC Member

Forum Master
    MORC Member

Forum Master
    MORC Member

Forum Master
    MORC Member Dirt Boss Gnome Club

The pump tracks are shaping up unbelievably well. The easiest one is very well packed and worked in.

The middle of the three is built and packed pretty well and already rides well. This track is soooo cool with the options you can do once you know what you are doing. If you have ever seen a pump track video and thought it would be cool to have one like that... this one is that good.

Track 3, the big dog, is coming together too. It's big and should be really fun once a rider dials in their pump track mojo.

So, hats off to Chance for taking the effort and shooting big with the city on this park. Also, thanks to everyone who has helped out so far. A few have really stepped up and it's awesome to see. Mike and Tim with big equipment, the guys that worked all morning today in the wind and rain and were still there after most of us had to leave.

There is no Leb Mafia... as far as you know.

MORC Lifetime Achievement Winner
    MORC Member Dirt Boss Snowride Club
    I picked up a water tank today and have 200 gallons loaded on the back of my pickup. I am certain that having water available will guarntee that we will get rain!!
    Tim
    Tim Wegner

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information