+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: That's Right - RagnarÖk '09 registration is open

Chainring Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by lugged View Post
    Shawn, lost your trophy?! That means you ARE old. Is it not in the van?
    I don't know. I thought I remembered showing it to my roommate but he said that never happened. I lost the belt buckle bottle opener too.

He said I only mumbled something about flat tires and missing coldsprints at the Nomad.

Age? Schmage.

Log Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by jitterjepp View Post

BTW- I lost my last place trophy somewhere between here and Redwing. I am eternally bummed about that.
    Shawn, lost your trophy?! That means you ARE old. Is it not in the van?

Chainring Keeper

I see a few people I know in those photos!

BTW- I lost my last place trophy somewhere between here and Redwing. I am eternally bummed about that.

I look old in that photo. I don't feel that old.
    Last edited by Guest3; 04-27-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Dirt Spanker
    MORC Member

Bike Guru
    MORC Member
    Mountain top finish. I am thinking up the cow path with the finish line at the lookout over Red Wing.

Mountain top finish. A trip up Stairway to Heaven with the finish line just past the electricity poles.

I think you 3 did a great job of connecting roads and providing the most effort needed in a non-mountainous state. I'll sign up again next year.
    JJ

Singlespeed

Quote Originally Posted by OCary View Post
    Next year I plan to wear sunscreen. It still looks like I am wearing red arm warmers.
    Me too. I've the damnedest burn-line on my calves from my knickers.

Re: the race. Routing and terrain were a perfect mix, as far as I'm concerned. Hilliness was also good.

Big Air
    MORC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    For me, it seemed like the right amount of pain for an early season ride. Next year, try to arrange for the same weather (minus the wind for those of us who were still riding late in the day)
    Next year I plan to wear sunscreen. It still looks like I am wearing red arm warmers.

Dirt Boss - Lebanon Hills
    MORC Member Dirt Boss Snowride Club
    By the time I finished, the wedding / fishing tourney sure seemed to be a non-issue.
    By the time I finished, their kid was in college and the couple was already divorced.

For me, it seemed like the right amount of pain for an early season ride. Next year, try to arrange for the same weather (minus the wind for those of us who were still riding late in the day).

Nice job!
    Leb borgata capodecina

Bike Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Charlytri View Post
    I was a little disappointed when I thought it would go through Goodhue because the terrain is ho hum around there.

Again, great job.

wow glad to hear that my house is "ho-hum". JERK

Dirt Spanker
    MORC Member
    Having Pete and MikeyB, and Scott for the 2nd half, take all those pictures was great. Hopefully they will take pictures again next year. Unless they are riding of course.

Don't worry, we'll puss out again a week prior.

Big Air
    MORC Member
    By the time I finished, the wedding / fishing tourney sure seemed to be a non-issue.

During training I rode up the first Min Maint road we went down. That thing was brutal. Part of me was glad we descended instead of slogging up it, but part of me was sad too; I'm sadistic.

Having Pete and MikeyB, and Scott for the 2nd half, take all those pictures was great. Hopefully they will take pictures again next year. Unless they are riding of course.

Everything seemed to go off without a hitch to me; very good job.

Trail Rider

Secretly, I was hoping we were going to end it at the top of Memorial. Yeah, I saw the gates were closed, but it would have added a nice touch at the end. We could climb the backside from the golf course even. Otherwise, I thought the course was super cool. The boats and wedding never phased me. We had our little section of parking lot all to ourselves, and when you can ride 105 miles and constantly enjoy the scenery and terrain, it makes for a good day. I was a little disappointed when I thought it would go through Goodhue because the terrain is ho hum around there.

Again, great job.

Bike Guru
    MORC Member

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
    Before we get too far away from the race, are there any suggestions that anyone who raced would have that would make the race more enjoyable? Longer? More hills? More B roads? Singletrack? Earlier in the year? Any and all suggestions will be entertained, but odds are there won't be any big changes.
    Yo SPH... You know my thoughts, either start or finish on Memorial singletrack. LCR would like going UP Tony Canada's downhill...

MORC Board Member
    MORC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
    I am thinking that we will probably move the date of the race back a week or two to avoid the fishermen and weddings. Sorry if it was a bit nuts down at Colvill. We didn't know that there was a wedding planned for that afternoon (reception I guess) or the largest fishing tournament ever... the finish line wasn't the best... but oh well. We had to call a bit of an audible on that one.
    From my point of view I thought everything went really well. If you wouldn't have said anything I would have thought the line was where it was and not down the park farther. You guys put on a hell of an event and everyone I talked to had a great time. You should have seen everyone smiling out there when we were chatting/taking pics(well except for the climbs, those were more of a grimace). Again, great job.

Dirt Spanker
    MORC Member
    Thanks again to all who raced. Thanks to those who took pics. Thanks also for the kind words.

Before we get too far away from the race, are there any suggestions that anyone who raced would have that would make the race more enjoyable? Longer? More hills? More B roads? Singletrack? Earlier in the year? Any and all suggestions will be entertained, but odds are there won't be any big changes.

I am thinking that we will probably move the date of the race back a week or two to avoid the fishermen and weddings. Sorry if it was a bit nuts down at Colvill. We didn't know that there was a wedding planned for that afternoon (reception I guess) or the largest fishing tournament ever... the finish line wasn't the best... but oh well. We had to call a bit of an audible on that one.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information