+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ojibwe Trail

Bike Guru
    MORC Member

They call it "Seeley Pass"

New trail connected off C-27/ C-28. Machine cut flow type Imba trail. Runs south for a half hour to dead end. Assume Camba will connect the dots with the trail north from OO sometime in near future (Fall or next year?).

A nice 60' downhill skinny with a bit of consequence. You can ride it backwards, icing on the wood cake.

Thanks for the pointers FD.

Ojibwa still rocks (literally).

Rock Lake/ Hildebrandt/ Patsy/ Namekogon is bliss.

Hildebrandt has much moss collecting, that only means 1 thing, people skipping the good lines.

Stump Jumper
    MORC Member

Ojibwe is in great shape

On Friday (4/27) we rode the new Seeley pass trail from 00 and then headed over to Ojib on fire roads. It is a great time to ride Ojibwe right now due to there being great trail/woods visibility and nothing is overgrown. This trail is the oldest mtb-specific trail in CAMBA country and it seems to have been forgotten. Get out and ride! This trail will make you work for it. Nice and tacky conditions with some trail debris from the winter.

Babbling Biker
    MORC Member Snowride Club

thumbs up

We rode the Ojibwe yesterday and it was in great shape! The rains on Friday night made it just wet enough that the traction was perfect. Love that trail! It is now my new favorite, it bumped Rock Lake off the top after many years.
    when do we ride?

Crazed Zealot
    MORC Member Dirt Boss Snowride Club
    I rode this for the first time in years last week. Sure was a lot more fun this time than a few years ago. Must be the new bike. Anyway, it is in great shape and ready to be ridden.

Babbling Biker

Thumbs up

Nita -
    Thanks for the heads up - Ojibwe is still one of my fav's up in Cable..

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    As of Sunday (09-02) the trail was in best condition I've ridden it. This trail is 13 miles of work, with a constant mogul-like flow to it with smaller rocks than at Rock Lake and Hildebrand, but more roots and twists and climbing over its 13 miles. The trail is tighter also. We averaged 6.6 miles and it took us 2.30 hours, but we were taking our time. Even though there are no spectacular lake sites, its a beautiful trail system with a deeper forest setting. There were two areas that could use some trimming in the open logged areas with rose thorn scratching your legs. But other then that there was not one tree down the entire 13 miles. I've ridden this several times and it is not as fast and flowing as the Rock Lake cluster, but its worth the ride for something different to try. This trail is located behind Telemark Lodge and is clearly marked the entire way. About 3 miles into the trail from Telemark Lodge, you will come to a Camba marked intersection, just continue forward, and don't turn left. This is one big loop where you will return on. There is one more intersection, and you will veer left also. The other way leads to a sink-hole which is just a point of 'interest' . Have fun with this, but avoid the restaurant at Telemark. They recently changed management and the food was what you get in a hospital.

Bike Master
    MORC Member Gnome Club Snowride Club

Ojibwe Trail

As of Sunday (09-02) the trail was in best condition I've ridden it. This trail is 13 miles of work, with a constant mogul-like flow to it with smaller rocks than at Rock Lake and Hildebrand, but more roots and twists and climbing over its 13 miles. The trail is tighter also. We averaged 6.6 miles and it took us 2.30 hours, but we were taking our time. Even though there are no spectacular lake sites, its a beautiful trail system with a deeper forest setting. There were two areas that could use some trimming in the open logged areas with rose thorn scratching your legs. But other then that there was not one tree down the entire 13 miles. I've ridden this several times and it is not as fast and flowing as the Rock Lake cluster, but its worth the ride for something different to try. This trail is located behind Telemark Lodge and is clearly marked the entire way. About 3 miles into the trail from Telemark Lodge, you will come to a Camba marked intersection, just continue forward, and don't turn left. This is one big loop where you will return on. There is one more intersection, and you will veer left also. The other way leads to a sink-hole which is just a point of 'interest' . Have fun with this, but avoid the restaurant at Telemark. They recently changed management and the food was what you get in a hospital.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information