Most Recent Status Updated By Time Reported
Dry Count 11-02-2014, 07:00 PM

NOTE: This thread is for known trail condition posts only. This is not an area to discuss this trail or ask about conditions. All non condition posts will be deleted without warning. We do, however, encourage you to help by contributing to the trail conditions.

Get mobile trail condition updates! Click here for more information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail Conditions - Bertram Chain of Lakes Regional Park

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Melting
    Date Posted: 02-19-2012 @ 05:10 PM

Details:  Trail still has a snow base in some sections (and is nicely packed), and bare ground in others. Mud is beginning to appear in some sections. Had a friend with on studded skinnies and he had no problem on any part of the trail.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Light Snow
    Date Posted: 02-02-2012 @ 11:01 PM

Details:  I went out and rode this evening around 7:30 to about 9. There's still a surprising amount of snow at Manitou. It's pretty "wet" snow though, due to the temps. I was spinning out up hills even with aired down nates (could be lack of skill though, I'm still new to this winter riding thing). But hey, ticks aren't out yet!

Granny Gear

Date Posted: 02-02-2012 @ 01:32 PM

Details:  I easily rode the entire loop on fat tires including the hills on the west side. The snow has really settled and melted the past few days. Nothing sloppy today. A little ice in the bottoms of old tracks, and a few shaded spots that have deeper snow. Some of the south facing slopes have little to no snow. Ride it. I posted it as light snow, but you will probably have more fun on fat tires.

Granny Gear

Trail Condition: Snow - Fat Tires Needed
    Date Posted: 01-31-2012 @ 08:57 PM

Details:  Most of the trail is pretty fun right now. I have avoided the tight singletrack in the hills on the west side but have been through most of the remainder of the trail. There is not really a packed base that is going to fall apart with the warm temps, which might make the Y a good option with some of the other trails being posted as closed. Lots of 2 and 4 legged foot tracks in some areas, some ATV tracks from locals heading to the lakes to go fishing, and some fresh stuff to hammer through. There's pretty much everything out there. Don't go out expecting a fast flowing consistent trail. This trail is a little more raw than most. Also, this trail crosses a groomed snowmobile trail twice. Keep your eyes open for sleds ATV's or anything else. I posted it as fat tires needed, but I did see some skinny tracks. But he/she's must like pain I'm guessing.

Granny Gear

Date Posted: 01-09-2012 @ 10:37 AM

Details:  The trees have been cleared in the off camber section above First Lake and also in the northernmost section close to Co. Rd. 39 in the pines. Everything else to my knowledge is rideable. Most of the trail has been arrowed with new red arrows. However, the section of trail that was just cleared will be missed if you don't know the area and follow the red arrows. As you leave the 2 track along First Lake and wind up the hill, there is a red arrow directing you to the left. This is a short cut back to the trail head and will miss a lot of good trail. Take a right instead, and you will follow the hillside out to the old snowmobile trail where you will take a right. This takes you back toward the NE gate. The trail will go left off this wide trail after a bit so keep your eyes open. (if you get to the gate along 39, you've gone too far) Most of this section is flat and twisty, but good fun. Hopefully even more fun without lifting your bike over fallen trees.

Bike Guru
    MORC Member Gnome Club Snowride Club
    Trail Condition: Perfectly Groomed
    Date Posted: 12-19-2011 @ 05:12 PM

Details:  Dry. Some leaves but they arn't enough to cause trouble navigating the trail.

Bike Guru
    Date Posted: 12-05-2011 @ 02:15 PM

Details:  No problem running 2.25's. Go get some!

Bike Guru
    Date Posted: 12-02-2011 @ 10:49 AM

Details:  Hardly any snow covering the trail.

Bike Guru
    Trail Condition: Dry
    Date Posted: 10-21-2011 @ 11:34 AM

Details:  Trail is dry

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 10-11-2011 @ 08:12 PM

Details:  Rode almost all of the loop today, just skipping a couple of small sections so I could get back to the lot before dark. Trail is in great shape! There was only a couple of small trees down, I stomped on one enough to ride over it. I also cleared a bunch of branches on the little used south west section next to the lake, this section should be rideable now if you hop the bike over that fallen tree. I'll try to remember to actually put my saw in my pack next time I'm there. Trail can be ridden with 2 inch tires just fine, all the soft sections hardened up and turned into very fast sections! The section of trail on the north side of first lake (northern most part of the lakes) is still pretty muddy in parts.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 10-09-2011 @ 07:04 PM

Details:  Trail is in great shape, and the fallen trees from over the summer seem to have been cleared. Judging from the four wheeler tracks, I think some of us know which trail fairy put in the work clearing the trail. I went hiking there today with the wife and dog on the west and south sections, and you can see around you quite well with the leaves down.

There is a lot of leaf cover on the trails, so it might be easy to get turned around if you're not familiar with the trail. If you need a trail guide, just throw a message my way, I need very little excuse to ride these trails.

I also cleared the fallen tree on the "steps" on the southwest corner for those who like taking that alternate route. There was one tree down on the first section of trails (if going counterclockwise) that I couldn't quite get with my small handsaw, all it would take is a medium size bow saw.

No bugs and dry trails make this the best time of year to go ride Manitou. Get out there and ride!

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Tacky
    Date Posted: 06-29-2011 @ 10:29 AM

Details:  Trail is nice and tacky with just a few damp spots. Some parts are a little overgrown, but overall it's a very pretty ride!

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 06-08-2011 @ 10:30 PM

Details:  I went out to Manitou tonight with a friend and we brought our pugs. We made a point of riding the sections that were recently repaired from the dirtbike races, and most of those sections are still a little soft for 2 inch tires. The sections of trail that weren't used are in decent shape for the most part, but getting a little overgrown.

If you have a pug and are looking for an excuse to use it, this trail would fit the bill perfectly. There's still plenty of great riding here if you don't have a pug, you just may wish to skip the soft sections.

Singlespeed

Otsego, MN, Near the Albertville Outlet Mall (Unfortunately)

The "Y" is Dry

Date Posted: 04-16-2011 @ 01:02 PM

Details:  Rode the trail leaving the parking lot where the Barn used to be, I noticed it is gone now, but the trail still rode well. Only found a low area near the beach that was full of water and also one area near the lean too shelter that was wet. A couple area have trees down, but the harescrambles course is already cut in and we will reroute around one, if not two of the downed trees by using the newly cut course (after the race of course). I plan on riding the loop again Sunday April 17th and I would imagine I will see some of the Norseman out putting the finishing touches on the harescramble course. 50f and clear sky sounds like the best we will get this week so I plan on enjoying it..

Crazed Zealot
    MORC Member Dirt Boss Snowride Club

Trail Closed for Spring Thaw

Trail Condition: Closed
    Date Posted: 04-05-2011 @ 01:13 PM

Details:  Trail Closed for Spring Thaw.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information