Most Recent Status Updated By Time Reported
Dry Count 09-21-2014, 07:34 PM

NOTE: This thread is for known trail condition posts only. This is not an area to discuss this trail or ask about conditions. All non condition posts will be deleted without warning. We do, however, encourage you to help by contributing to the trail conditions.

Get mobile trail condition updates! Click here for more information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail Conditions - Bertram Chain of Lakes Regional Park

Beginner Trail
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Dry
    Date Posted: 05-10-2013 @ 12:35 PM

Details:  The trails are open and in good shape.

Crazed Zealot
    MORC Member Dirt Boss Snowride Club
    Trail Condition: Closed
    Date Posted: 03-26-2013 @ 02:40 PM

Details:  Closed until snow melts and trail dries out.

Granny Gear

Trail Condition: Fat Tires
    Date Posted: 01-14-2013 @ 08:37 AM

Details:  Not icy but rough from foot and critter tracks. Pretty much all firm with the exception of the tight hilly stuff by the south lot. (West side of Long Lake) Some snow to fill in the craters will make it a better ride.

Granny Gear

Trail Condition: Fat Tires
    Date Posted: 01-10-2013 @ 01:16 PM

Details:  Trail ranges from county groomed packed to snowmobile and foot and hoof packed. Some firm and some a thin crust with sugar below. The twisty hilly stuff in the West is unpacked. 9.2 mi loop around the lakes utilizing most of the summer loop. More to come in trail discussion. A good ride for those that don't crave the groomed. Should improve with the meltdown.

Beginner Trail
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 10-12-2012 @ 12:54 PM

Details:  The county and city are in the process of buying the property from the Y and turning it into the Bertram Chain of Lakes Park. they have already purchased about half of the property and they are developing multi-use trails on that half now. At this time they are open to keeping mountain biking as part of the park. they have asked us to use the new park entrance on 90th street as the trail head. in some of the areas where the park crew is building the multi-use trail, we will be developing parallel mountain bike trails. Depending on how much volunteer help we get.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 10-11-2012 @ 09:01 PM

Details:  Trail is riding very nicely right now! There are some big changes going on around there, looks like a new road going in and stuff. I parked in the usual place, I didn't realize there's a new place to park now.

We rode the trail using the suggested arrows tonight, and it makes a nice loop. I wondered why the longer bridge across the stream wasn't included so we checked it out, and the bridge is collapsing. So if you incorporate that in your usual loop, you'll want to take a different way (the arrowed reroute works great).

Right now is definitely a great time to go out and ride Manitou. Get your ride in before hunting season starts!

Beginner Trail
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 10-09-2012 @ 05:28 AM

Details:  Trail conditions at the Bertram Chain of Lakes trails (the Y) are good and dry. Volunteers have been out the past couple months clearing the trail. 10 miles of trail open and very rideable. New trail head at Bertram Chain of Lakes main park entrance on 90th street.

Beginner Trail

Trail Condition: Damp
    Date Posted: 06-15-2012 @ 04:06 PM

Details:  Trail is overgrown, with parts of it washed out. Would only recommend for the extremely adventurous.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Tacky
    Date Posted: 06-14-2012 @ 08:03 AM

Details:  As expected this time of year, the trail is getting pretty overgrown in many parts. However, if you don't mind getting a little cozy with the vegetation, the trail is still riding nice. I rode most of the trail last night, and there were a couple of trees down. I forgot my pack saw, so I cleared what I could by hand. The camp has recently mowed a lot of the doubletrack that goes through the prairie areas. Also, even getting off my bike a few times to clear things, I did not get a single tick. So if you are looking to ride Manitou before fall, right now would not be a bad time to go. I rode my Pugsley and I'm glad I did, so if you have a fatbike in your quiver, that would be the bike to take there. Anything will work though.

Backcountry/wilderness riding at it's finest. Be prepared for a pretty rugged trail excursion.

If you rely on the arrow signage, I noticed some of them were flipped around in the wrong direction, and a few others were down or didn't make sense. So if you don't know the trail well, you'll need a guide. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to show you around.

Beginner Trail

Date Posted: 04-08-2012 @ 03:49 PM

Details:  Monticello is in excellent condition

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Melting
    Date Posted: 02-19-2012 @ 04:10 PM

Details:  Trail still has a snow base in some sections (and is nicely packed), and bare ground in others. Mud is beginning to appear in some sections. Had a friend with on studded skinnies and he had no problem on any part of the trail.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Light Snow
    Date Posted: 02-02-2012 @ 10:01 PM

Details:  I went out and rode this evening around 7:30 to about 9. There's still a surprising amount of snow at Manitou. It's pretty "wet" snow though, due to the temps. I was spinning out up hills even with aired down nates (could be lack of skill though, I'm still new to this winter riding thing). But hey, ticks aren't out yet!

Granny Gear

Date Posted: 02-02-2012 @ 12:32 PM

Details:  I easily rode the entire loop on fat tires including the hills on the west side. The snow has really settled and melted the past few days. Nothing sloppy today. A little ice in the bottoms of old tracks, and a few shaded spots that have deeper snow. Some of the south facing slopes have little to no snow. Ride it. I posted it as light snow, but you will probably have more fun on fat tires.

Granny Gear

Trail Condition: Snow - Fat Tires Needed
    Date Posted: 01-31-2012 @ 07:57 PM

Details:  Most of the trail is pretty fun right now. I have avoided the tight singletrack in the hills on the west side but have been through most of the remainder of the trail. There is not really a packed base that is going to fall apart with the warm temps, which might make the Y a good option with some of the other trails being posted as closed. Lots of 2 and 4 legged foot tracks in some areas, some ATV tracks from locals heading to the lakes to go fishing, and some fresh stuff to hammer through. There's pretty much everything out there. Don't go out expecting a fast flowing consistent trail. This trail is a little more raw than most. Also, this trail crosses a groomed snowmobile trail twice. Keep your eyes open for sleds ATV's or anything else. I posted it as fat tires needed, but I did see some skinny tracks. But he/she's must like pain I'm guessing.

Granny Gear

Date Posted: 01-09-2012 @ 09:37 AM

Details:  The trees have been cleared in the off camber section above First Lake and also in the northernmost section close to Co. Rd. 39 in the pines. Everything else to my knowledge is rideable. Most of the trail has been arrowed with new red arrows. However, the section of trail that was just cleared will be missed if you don't know the area and follow the red arrows. As you leave the 2 track along First Lake and wind up the hill, there is a red arrow directing you to the left. This is a short cut back to the trail head and will miss a lot of good trail. Take a right instead, and you will follow the hillside out to the old snowmobile trail where you will take a right. This takes you back toward the NE gate. The trail will go left off this wide trail after a bit so keep your eyes open. (if you get to the gate along 39, you've gone too far) Most of this section is flat and twisty, but good fun. Hopefully even more fun without lifting your bike over fallen trees.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information