+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible BMX park/ dirt jumps in Bloomington

MORC Board Member
    MORC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cglasford View Post
    The guy from Michaels Cycles was trying to get on build in the south metro but no news on that.
    Prior Lake had one when I was a kid. Miss that one.

P.S. Holy bringing up a thread from the grave...

Forum Master
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by PHRANQUY View Post
    I was referring to the communities outside the metro, as listed in the link shown, not inside the metro area. I should have been more clear. Regardless, if you really want to race, sometimes you have to pay to play, which includes driving out of your way.

You are right some times you do have to pay to play and I don't want to play that bad that I'm going to drive an hour + to go race... with the numbers of riders that show up to these tracks and races I find it odd that there are not any in the actual metro, I would think there would be a huge draw for the youth, I will just ride Lexington as I don't need to race or spend more money at this time on riding... if however a track gets built closer to home I might consider it.

Bike Guru
    MORC Member
    I was referring to the communities outside the metro, as listed in the link shown, not inside the metro area. I should have been more clear. Regardless, if you really want to race, sometimes you have to pay to play, which includes driving out of your way.

Forum Master
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by PHRANQUY View Post
    Chance, I believe there are 3 or 4 outdoor BMX tracks spread all over outside the metro.
    Unfortunately frank there are not any BMX tracks in the greater metro area... the closest is probably st micheals or faribault depending where in the cities you live...

The guy from Michaels Cycles was trying to get on build in the south metro but no news on that.

Closest thing to BMX track is the Lexington Bike Park in Eagan http://www.morcmtb.org/forums/showth...883#post447883

Build day for this is 5/19!

Dirt Spanker

Bike Guru
    MORC Member
    Chance, I believe there are 3 or 4 outdoor BMX tracks spread all over outside the metro.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by cglasford View Post
    sweet where is this?
    That's the Brainerd BMX track.
    Cheers

Forum Master
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by woody_8_5 View Post
    Had a chance to take my daughter to the local BMX track this past weekend and it was a first for the both of us. I road my Muk2 and had a blast! The track organizer wanted to know if winter races might be something folks would be interested in. My daughter now wants a BMX bike. :thumbup:
    Cheers

sweet where is this? I know I want to get back into racing bmx but as far as i can find there are no BMX racing tracks in the cities besides Reybeins and as far as I know that is only in the winter... I knwo st micheal's has one as well as st cloud and brainard but nothing closer... I heard rumors of prior lake getting one but no new news on that.... I couldn't actually believe it... it is a great cross over/cross training for mtb and visa versa, kind of sad there aren't a bunch here in the metro

Trail Rider
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    Had a chance to take my daughter to the local BMX track this past weekend and it was a first for the both of us. I road my Muk2 and had a blast! The track organizer wanted to know if winter races might be something folks would be interested in. My daughter now wants a BMX bike. :thumbup:
    Cheers

Last edited by woody_8_5; 04-30-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    :eek:
    Last edited by woody_8_5; 04-30-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Dirt Spanker
    If you have interest in helping with a Dirt Park in the West suburbs (Maple Plain) get ahold of me. The track is 75% complete, plenty of materials, equipment, drainage - just needs committed individuals.

Big Air
    MORC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnat5680
    but the area is big enough for the dogs if you cut out that part. there will probuly be a good 15- 20 acres or so(if im right that it is 25 acres) and the area at the end is not fenced in.
    off leash dogs and bikes don't play well together (usually). if the city wanted to officially allow bikes in that "forest of mounds" they would have to fence it seperate from the dog park. if you can talk the city into that, good work.

being a regular visitor to the dog park i would avidly fight allowing bikes and off leash dogs to co-exist in a common unfenced area, though.

p.s. one of the dog park rules posted on the bloomington web site:
    "Keep your child close and do not allow running, screaming or biking."
    one can only assume that biking in general (not just by children) is frowned upon. so if you plan on riding the mounds on your own free will, don't be surprised if my monster attacks your rear wheel
    Last edited by qheuie; 04-12-2006 at 02:00 PM.

About BMX vs MTB (MORC).

Not that MORC isn't interested, but right now MORC is not into BMX parks. That being said, I think we are in the days of major cross overs between BMX and Mountain biking, mostly because of the freeride movement.

It seems we see a lot of people asking MORC about BMX jumps. Right now we don't affiliate with any and we don't support or promote illegal trails. But, there are some freeride parks being talked about. If we can simply change the wording to freeride and most likely that will include BMX bikes (why not? a bike is a bike). The MPRB is talking about doing one and it looks like Salem is working on one this summer. So we are headed in the right direction.

Besides, a BMX bike is an Off-Road bicycle.....so I guess it fits in with the MORC name....:-). But this isn't really the place to discuss non-legitimate trails which MORC does not support in any way shape for form. As far as I know, besides official ABA or NBL BMX tracks, most BMX trails are non-legitimate. Hopefully that will change and we too can be involed in developing legit and sustainable BMX/Freeride parks.

biker joe

bmx

the cost for the RSC bmx/ skate park is $5.00 a time and you may buy a ten session punch card for $45.00 (saves you five bucks). The price is down $2 from last season.

biker joe

Bmx

The Roseville Skating Center has the largest skate park in the midwest and is open to ALL (open to mtn bikers who want to give it a try) bikers. We open up May 6th. Give me a call m-f 8am to 1pm if you want any more info at 651-792-7124 or our direct line at 651-792-7007. There are 19 ramps jumps etc, all of which are designated as tier 2, which meens they are over 4ft. A waiver must be filled out in person or notorized at the skating center (that is good all year), and persons under 18 must have a parent/guardian fill out the waiver at the skating center. A helmet and knee pads are required at all times when in the park. The surface consists of ultra smooth concrete and metal/wood ramps-jumps.
    www.ci.roseville.mn.us
    Last edited by biker joe; 04-12-2006 at 08:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information