Most Recent Status Updated By Time Reported
Packed Pandl 12-20-2014, 05:05 PM

NOTE: This thread is for known trail condition posts only. This is not an area to discuss this trail or ask about conditions. All non condition posts will be deleted without warning. We do, however, encourage you to help by contributing to the trail conditions.

Get mobile trail condition updates! Click here for more information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail Conditions - MN River Bottoms

Crazed Zealot
    MORC Member Snowride Club
    Trail Condition: Packed
    Date Posted: 02-24-2013 @ 09:09 PM

Details:  Rode today from Lyndale to Ferry on a fattie, and it was grand. Saw a few skinny tired bikes, and they did mostly fine, but there were several places were they seemed to have no control and were all over the trail and off the trail. No studs needed, at this time.

Stump Jumper

Date Posted: 02-24-2013 @ 04:34 PM

Details:  Road on studded skinnies. Packed from Ferry Bridge to Lyndale. No studs necessary. Narrow spots test your skillz. Fun fun! Needs packing near Cedar Ave. I aborted after riding 1 mile south of Cedar Ave on my skinnies. I didn't have enough motivation to ride at 4 mph today.

Dirt Boss - Elm Creek
    MORC Member Dirt Boss Snowride Club
    Date Posted: 02-23-2013 @ 01:09 PM

Details:  Rode Ferry to Lyndale. It's packed well by various user groups. A little narrow in spots, I'd say FatBike, but ride what ya brung and you'll be fine.
    Life is too Serious to be taken Seriously!

Babbling Biker
    Date Posted: 02-23-2013 @ 07:11 AM

Details:  fat tires? phaw all lies. cycling isn't suppose to be easy right? thats why they call it exercise. so get out there and ride. 2.0's all day!

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Fat Tires
    Date Posted: 02-22-2013 @ 09:02 PM

Details:  There is a nice pug rut from ferry to lyndale around noonish. I was the 3rd rider out there and still blazed about 4-5 miles of fresh snow on some of the routes. If you can't ride the rut you will struggle. If you can, enjoy

Ran nates and did fine.

Endo will struggle, husker don'ts and larrys will be ok.

Stump Jumper

Date Posted: 02-17-2013 @ 02:25 PM

Details:  I road the section from Lyndale to the Ferry Bridge. It was packed snow and about 10% ice. I road it with studded skinnies and it was about as fast as it is in summer. Great ride!

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Fat Tires
    Date Posted: 02-10-2013 @ 09:41 PM

Details:  Snow is SOFT and STICKY. Don't waste your time with skinnies until it is packed in and frozen over. Saw a couple guys out there today on 2.whateva's having a horrible time. They made it about 100y in before they walk out.

Fat tires are GTG, don't expect a fast ride if you are blazing trail. The stuff ridden over packed nicely and was faster.

Conditions subject to change, hopefully it freezes up sometime this week.

Stump Jumper

Date Posted: 02-09-2013 @ 04:12 PM

Details:  Road from Mendota to the ferry bridge and back on 26x2.1 Nokian Extremes. Trail needs packing from Mendota to 494. Very slow going, especially as it warmed up. Fat bikes seemed to do better. Packed and fast from 494 to the ferry bridge. It felt almost like dirt; until it didn't and I ran into a tree.

Granny Gear
    Trail Condition: Needs Packing
    Date Posted: 02-06-2013 @ 09:14 AM

Details:  Rode from Cedar to I-35 and back yesterday afternoon. 3-4" of new snow. First bike tracks of the day. A good workout from the bridge to the power line, better in the woods. Trail along the river is great. Other direction from Cedar east to I-494 was pretty trampled past the washout at the beaver pond, but thinned out further east. First bike tracks again. Trail holding up well, not much melting. Really could use some fat bike traffic. Better get some before the big melt comes.

Granny Gear
    Date Posted: 02-05-2013 @ 07:41 AM

Details:  Rode yesterday from I-35 almost to Hwy169 and back. The trail was as good as I've ever seen, smooth and fast in most places with about 2" of new son over packed trail. Rode the Pugs w/BFL's. There was ice in many places under the snow but it was no problem except on off camber turns or hillsides. Fresh tracks most of the way, west of BFB. New snow this a.m. will benefit from more fatty traffic.
    Think I'll get me some!

Crazed Zealot
    MORC Member Snowride Club
    Date Posted: 02-03-2013 @ 06:09 PM

Details:  Rode today from Mendota to almost Lyndale. Trail in great condition. Icy in the beginning where it is always icy or wet. Made first tracks in a few places.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 02-03-2013 @ 03:09 PM

Details:  Rode yesterday and today, the trail is getting better and better with these small snow falls we have been having. The icy spots are becoming far and few between.

Singlespeed
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 02-02-2013 @ 07:26 PM

Details:  Rode Lyndale to Bloomington ferry. Trail was in great shape for any tire choice. There were a couple of icy spots but far a few between.

Big Air
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    Trail Condition: Icy
    Date Posted: 01-30-2013 @ 09:38 PM

Details:  Went along with the Michael's Cycle group ride tonight. We rode from the Lyndale lot to Blackdog, turned around and went west across 9 mile creek and about half way back to the turn bridge and turned back to Lyndale. The recent snow has helped alot . It is packed good with occasional ice showing through. We had a mix of skinny tires and fat tires. All were studded except one fat tire with Nate's. He did pretty darn good without studs. So it is rideable on a fatty without studs if you have some decent tires.

Journeyman
    Trail Condition: Icy
    Date Posted: 01-18-2013 @ 06:04 PM

Details:  Rode on 1.9" tires with no studs, started at maybe 3:40 in the afternoon at Bloomington ferry and by then most of the nice topical snow that made the ice so tacky had melted, leaving me with large portions of slippery ice made even slipperier(?) by the water above it. Tomorrow it will be frozen in the morning, so prepare for some soaked and sore times if you're racing without studs or fat tires.

bleeauh

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information