Most Recent Status Updated By Time Reported
Tacky cwiklund 09-11-2014, 08:03 PM

NOTE: This thread is for known trail condition posts only. This is not an area to discuss this trail or ask about conditions. All non condition posts will be deleted without warning. We do, however, encourage you to help by contributing to the trail conditions.

Get mobile trail condition updates! Click here for more information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail Conditions - MN River Bottoms

Beginner Trail

Trail Condition: Dry
    Date Posted: 03-17-2012 @ 09:26 PM

Details:  It has been days since the last report....the conditions have improved ....it is tacky to dry...with a little sand in spots......9-mile creek is a hike across the "old" tree.... now that the water level has risen. Mother nature is every where along the trail....great to see. Happy trails !!!

Bike Guru
    MORC Member Gnome Club Snowride Club
    Trail Condition: Closed
    Date Posted: 03-07-2012 @ 12:36 PM

Details:  Stay off until temps drop or the trail dries out. Since we wont have flooding this year, the damage done now will not go away.

Bike Guru
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Icy
    Date Posted: 03-03-2012 @ 02:29 PM

Details:  Last hurrah for the season... Ice/ bust thru to water/ snowcrust/ dirt/ logs/ traps, repeat.

9 Mile creek, your going to really want to cross in order to cross... Only option is shimmy across the downed tree. Unsure? see for photo- http://sauberlarry.blogspot.com/

Next Fall start over from scratch...

Singlespeed

Trail Condition: Melting
    Date Posted: 03-01-2012 @ 06:32 AM

Details:  Rode from 35W to 77. LOTS OF STANDING WATER! On the wide road sections. managed to ride the side of it all. But rode through 12" in one spot. Basically the trail is frozen with standing water on top.

Big Air

Trail Condition: Dry
    Date Posted: 02-26-2012 @ 05:07 PM

Details:  Went down to Bloomington Ferry with my CX bike to check it out and was surprised to find it nicely hardpacked and entirely dry. Certainly some icy patches, but most were very short and the ice was rough enough to provide good traction. So, I ended up riding to 35W and back. Another great ride. But I'm sure it will change radically with the coming snowstorm.

BTW, there is some serious rutting in a bunch of places. Not just skinny tire ruts, but big wide fat tire ruts. C'mon people, cut it out. I know it's just the river bottoms, but some this is just getting a bit abusive to the trail.

Beginner Trail

Trail Condition: Light Snow
    Date Posted: 02-25-2012 @ 11:43 AM

Details:  The real trail condition has a wide range! Rode last night it was a perfect mix of ice, breaking puddles, dirt and concrete sand!
    Rode from Indian mounds school, very icy then into just dirt and fast, all the way to the turn for the low road. Low road was messy from breaking puddles, then it was concrete sand and fast!
    From there back to 35 and beyond to 9 mile was an interesting mix of it all.
    I was on my Pugsley with about 10lb of pressure and my buddy Hal was on his
    Redline single speed. no problems with the conditions on either rig other than they were pretty muddy.

Singlespeed

Date Posted: 02-25-2012 @ 07:28 AM

Details:  Rode from 35W to Cedar and back last night. Half ice, half dirt. large puddles are frozen on top but not underneath. Sand is all frozen and perfect for my skinny tire single speed!

Granny Gear
    MORC Member
    Date Posted: 02-20-2012 @ 04:00 PM

Details:  Rode a little ways around the Mendota entrance to the trail on Saturday. Going south the trail is slick ice, going north the trail is nice and hard with some icy spots. Unfortunately it is pretty unrideable after a mile or so. I'm not even sure that this is rideable in the summer but we'll find out..

Singlespeed

Date Posted: 02-20-2012 @ 09:41 AM

Details:  Rode 35W to Cedar on Friday. The sand is softening up quickly! A few muddy spots but not too bad. Rode 169 to 35W on Saturday. Much more mud here, I'd stay away from there for a while as some parts were a bit rutted up.

Singlespeed

Date Posted: 02-09-2012 @ 06:38 AM

Details:  Rode last night with the Michael's Cycles group from 35W to Cedar. Pretty icy in a lot of the corners, and in the places the snow held out the longest. Made for some fun riding. the High ground I think by the indian mounds school was great. little ice and very firm and fast.

Beginner Trail

Date Posted: 02-08-2012 @ 09:33 PM

Details:  it was melting on Monday 2/6 when I was there. Nice riding. But had to stay off a lot of the trail as it was too wet and muddy. Great fun though. Saw one other rider out.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 02-05-2012 @ 04:45 PM

Details:  Rode today from the bloomington ferry lot to the start of the doubletrack leading to the old cedar ave bridge and back.

The east section is good riding for the most part with just a couple of icy sections. Many parts of the west section are very icy.

Singlespeed

Date Posted: 02-04-2012 @ 11:37 AM

Details:  Rode from 35W to Cedar Wednesday night. There's pretty much a little bit of everything right now. A lot of ice with standing water on top which makes things interesting. A little mud but nothing major. Get out there and play!

Granny Gear
    MORC Member
    Date Posted: 01-26-2012 @ 07:08 PM

Details:  Rode east from Lyndale for a couple miles before turning around. Pretty slick in spots, the sandy areas were like oatmeal. It was fun but I got the feeling I wasn't doing the trail any good. I took a good digger and took that as a sign! A few fat tire tracks made the trail at least passable but my 2.25s were working pretty hard.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Light Snow
    Date Posted: 01-22-2012 @ 04:44 PM

Details:  The drizzle today had no effect on the trail, it's still nice soft sand and snow mixed together.

Looks like the water level is rising a little bit. The creek crossing is starting to get interesting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information