Most Recent Status Updated By Time Reported
Packed dennis porter 11-21-2014, 09:38 PM

NOTE: This thread is for known trail condition posts only. This is not an area to discuss this trail or ask about conditions. All non condition posts will be deleted without warning. We do, however, encourage you to help by contributing to the trail conditions.

Get mobile trail condition updates! Click here for more information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail Conditions - MN River Bottoms

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Packed
    Date Posted: 11-21-2014 @ 09:38 PM

Details:  Trail should be great this weekend if it doesn't get too warm.

Please ask all users you encounter if they have signed the petition and liked the Facebook page. We need to get all users to stand up for why they are enjoying the River Trail. Spread the word!!

Beginner Trail

Date Posted: 11-19-2014 @ 09:25 PM

Details:  Creek is frozen -- forget about slippery tree. Trail is awesome ... sand poking thru here and there, no problem for fatties, prob skinnies too could be happy.

I should say creek is also unfrozen in spots, use your judgment. I crossed where tracks existed. I'm not a trail breaker, and not an icebreaker either.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 11-19-2014 @ 06:11 AM

Details:  Packed with some sandy patches, overall in great condition. Be careful at the tree crossing, it could/is very slippery.

Singlespeed
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Dry
    Date Posted: 11-14-2014 @ 05:32 PM

Details:  Good conditions. Fat/skinny. Studded/non-studded (mostly)

I rode from Indian Mounds School. Turned eastward before the Launch boat-lauch (not sure what to call the junction where the trail splits to eventually go around both sides of Long Meadow Lake) and skirted the river back to Cedar Bridge and then turned around around to do it all in reverse.

The "bluff-side section" starting out at the school is the only section that I felt like studs were wise, if not strictly necessary--talking skinny tires here. Different rules may apply to fat tires. The near river portion of the trail is a mix of frozen bare trail and nicely textured snow. Some ice, but it's well-textured.

Very nice riding. I hear that 1-3" snow is coming for the weekend. Could make the trail even better. Enjoy!

Stump Jumper

Date Posted: 11-13-2014 @ 10:03 AM

Details:  Here's some scenes of my ride yesterday. The trails were in great shape!

Kevin g

Singlespeed
    Trail Condition: Tacky
    Date Posted: 11-12-2014 @ 09:22 AM

Details:  As of last night around 7PM the trail from Ferry to the creek was ~90% snow covered and fast riding.

Dirt Boss - Terrace Oaks
    Dirt Boss

Date Posted: 10-15-2014 @ 03:19 PM

Details:  Excellent conditions today, the usual sand spots but nothing that can't be ridden! Get out and ride!
    Battle Creek Wednesdays!

Beginner Trail

Date Posted: 10-10-2014 @ 10:00 AM

Details:  Rode from Bloomington Ferry Bridge East toward 9 mile creek. Before the swing bridge is great, a short time after it turns into a sandpit.

Granny Gear

Date Posted: 09-24-2014 @ 03:38 PM

Details:  Rode last night from Bloomington Ferry past SwingBridge. One long section east of Swing bridge extremely sandy. Fat Tire domain!

Beginner Trail

Date Posted: 09-11-2014 @ 09:03 PM

Details:  I rode this evening between Indian Mounds School and about 1.25 miles west of Nine Mile Creek. Trail condition was excellent. 99.9% tacky or dry. Just 3 or 4 small puddles, easily avoided, just east of Lyndale. The raft on Nine Mile Creek is half sunk. One float must be full of water. Tree bridge is still great, though.

Beginner Trail

Trail Condition: Damp
    Date Posted: 09-04-2014 @ 09:21 AM

Details:  Rode last night from 169 to raft. Lots of greasy mud and some puddles. Rode skinny tires and it was rideable, but the folks on fat tires looked to be having lots more fun. There is still sand east of Normandale, but most people will be able to ride it now. The raft is hung up on a downed tree, but the tree crossing is still fine.

Big Air
    MORC Member
    Date Posted: 08-26-2014 @ 06:22 PM

Details:  The east side from the 102nd street entrance west to Nine Mile Creek is in great condition. The sand on the gravel road and on the trail near Nine Mile has packed in nicely with the recent rain.

There is a construction crew working down at the "parking lot" at the east end of 102nd so the trail entrance is "closed". I suggest going in at Parker's Picnic instead.

I removed the head smacking trees that had fallen over the trail just east of the Gideon Pond entrance. Sightlines need some work so make sure you ride at an appropriate speed and look for oncoming traffic (hikers and bikers).

Stump Jumper
    MORC Member
    Date Posted: 08-26-2014 @ 12:01 AM

Details:  Rode tonight from the ferry bridge to Lyndale on the skinny tires. Only about 1/4 mile of major sand pit from the swing bridge heading east and it's rideable with some speed. The trail is shaping back up nicely. Thanks to all the fat bikers for breaking trail. Special shout out to Frank who I met and who led the way through the sand with his big tires.

Beginner Trail

Trail Condition: Wet Do Not Ride
    Date Posted: 08-18-2014 @ 07:46 PM

Details:  Rode the trail today after seeing some other tire tracks and bikers. There were lots of puddles and mud between Lyndale parking lot and the raft. After that it improved but became very sandy after about a mile. I had no trouble with my moonlander. My friend really struggled on 2" tires.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 08-11-2014 @ 07:45 PM

Details:  Conditions go from tacky/damp from 169 to swing bridge. Then from tacky to I wish I was on 4.8's between swing bridge to road leading to 35w. East of 35W to A power line on the low road is even worst with extremely soft sand. Sit back, relax, and enjoy life in granny one, two, and three.

I rode w/ 3.8's and it was challenging in places, will take the bigger bike out tomorrow. Saw a couple folks out with skinny tires, they were pushing there bikes. (You think they would learn after pushing for a mile and a half that it just might not get any better....) Mine and another guys tracks from ferry bridge to 9 miles crossing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information