Most Recent Status Updated By Time Reported
Wet Do Not Ride ryno lite 04-22-2014, 03:53 PM

NOTE: This thread is for known trail condition posts only. This is not an area to discuss this trail or ask about conditions. All non condition posts will be deleted without warning. We do, however, encourage you to help by contributing to the trail conditions.

Get mobile trail condition updates! Click here for more information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail Conditions - MN River Bottoms

Crazed Zealot
    MORC Member Dirt Boss Snowride Club
    Trail Condition: Wet Do Not Ride
    Date Posted: 04-22-2014 @ 03:53 PM

Details:  The trail is still too wet to ride.

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 04-21-2014 @ 09:12 AM

Details:  Yes, the tone is strong but lets look at it this way.

1. There were two very visible holes in one of the pontoons. They did take the time to shove sticks in holes!?! I'd call that a complete disregard of caring what happens to the Raft.

2. When the pontoons are filled with water they weight hundreds of pounds. Pontoons that are heavy and filled with water can make more likely to break away and float away down the River. We have had to fix this before and it took a huge amount of time and effort from many volunteers.

3. They ropes need to be tied and hose clamped so vandals can't untie them and send the raft down the River. They were loosely tied.

Whomever the people were that put it in obviously didn't care about what could happen. I hope they do feel guilty. They should volunteer at work days and donate some money to MORC to make up for this.

This is why volunteers quit volunteering because of those that spoil it for everyone else. The Raft if for everyone but needs to be maintained and installed properly.

Granny Gear

Trail Condition: Closed
    Date Posted: 04-19-2014 @ 10:14 PM

Details: 
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis porter View Post
    The trail is still not ready to ride in many areas. The sand areas are fine but in the fields and low areas its still very loose and muddy. Please give it some more time to dry and thaw.

As for the Raft. Yep, some people decided that they are willing to disregard all the hard work that the Raft volunteers do so they can ride. It's really lame that you think it's okay to do this. It takes a group of people to move it so it's not just one person. These people make you want to just forget about helping the trails and those who enjoy them. Sad to be associated with mountain bikers like you!!
    Sorry, but I think you could make your point in a nicer way. Not everybody is able to appreciate the work that goes into making all of this happen.

Kevin g

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 04-18-2014 @ 05:42 PM

Details:  The trail is still not ready to ride in many areas. The sand areas are fine but in the fields and low areas its still very loose and muddy. Please give it some more time to dry and thaw.

As for the Raft. Yep, some people decided that they are willing to disregard all the hard work that the Raft volunteers do so they can ride. It's really lame that you think it's okay to do this. It takes a group of people to move it so it's not just one person. These people make you want to just forget about helping the trails and those who enjoy them. Sad to be associated with mountain bikers like you!!

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Damp
    Date Posted: 04-18-2014 @ 11:58 AM

Details:  I sure hope the Raft is NOT in! It needs to be repaired and will be a huge pain to pull out to fix if the pontoons are filled with water.

Beginner Trail

Trail Condition: Tacky
    Date Posted: 04-18-2014 @ 09:00 AM

Details:  I agree with Buzzy on overall condition, but would add that raft is in the water. Log bridge still underwater. Not sure if raft is operational.

A good 30 yards of the Mendota Trail is underwater too. Can detour around it, but will likely get feet wet, along with fear of walking thru uncertain swampiness. OTOH, adventure!

Beginner Trail
    Trail Condition: Packed
    Date Posted: 04-13-2014 @ 07:44 PM

Details:  Rode the MN River bottoms today, trail is in awesome shape, perfect, not muddy like I expected, only problem is the river crossing is not cross-able....water is about a foot too high so walking across the downed tree is a no-go, unless someone builds a different bridge to connect up to the higher branch.....or we need to put the floaty barge in the water.

Bzzzz

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Trail Condition: Melting Do Not Ride
    Date Posted: 04-08-2014 @ 09:23 AM

Details:  Just a reminder to all to give the trail(s) a break and let it thaw out. Please stay off until it's ready.

Thanks,
    Dennis.

MORC Lifetime Achievement Winner
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    Trail Condition: Icy
    Date Posted: 03-20-2014 @ 07:12 PM

Details:  Rode from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM today. Icy at start, mushy at finish, but no big mud or puddles to fight. Got first tracks on latest snowfall from France Ave access to past the Ike's property. With only one warm day to get rutted up, Saturday morning ride whould be good.
    Work is the curse of the riding class.

Beginner Trail

Date Posted: 03-20-2014 @ 11:11 AM

Details:  I think icy was the predominant condition I encountered last night, but there was some of everything depending on which way I went.

The gravel road from Lyndale west was a pudding-like mess with bottomless puddles that threatened to swallow everything whole. I think I saw signs that a skinny tired rider turned around and gave up -- appeared to be skidding out nonstop.

Further west, packed fresh snow was dominant with ice lurking underneath. The unpleasant surprise was that the creek where the raft is (9 mile?) is totally ice free, and I didn't want to walk the log, altho clearly others had. The water level on the creek is normal, altho I would think the melt would make it higher.

East of Lyndale, the riverside trails are way sweet up til the powerlines and a bit loose after that. Foot traffic makes the bluff trails way bumpy over packed snow and ice, but flowing nicely in spite of it.

All in all, a lovely temperate night with nice trails. After Thu and Fri temps in 40s, who knows?

Trail Rider
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 03-15-2014 @ 01:57 PM

Details:  Icy and in rough conditions, you have been informed...

Granny Gear
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 03-07-2014 @ 06:20 PM

Details:  Still good, "Thank You" to the rider that bashed through to the Cedar bridge. I you have never been under the old bridge it is solid ice, kinda cool.

I found a Garmin thing west of 9 mile, looks like it might mount to fork, looks like it's worth a six pack.

Singlespeed
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 03-06-2014 @ 07:06 PM

Details:  Very nicely packed. Transient conditions as a warming trend is upon is. But for now, this very instant... it's a slightly bumpy 12-15" wide well-packed trail. Stay within the friendly confines to avoid an OTB mishap. Or don't. And make a nice snow-angel. Best results when you aim between the trees.

Granny Gear
    MORC Member

Date Posted: 02-28-2014 @ 08:08 PM

Details:  Rode this afternoon, its all good. Few drifts that now have a few snow angels. Blackdog is sweet.

MORC Lifetime Achievement Winner
    MORC Member Dirt Boss
    Trail Condition: Fat Tires
    Date Posted: 02-26-2014 @ 06:47 PM

Details:  +1 on previous post for trail west of Lyndale. East of Lyndale was well packed & good almost to power line across from Black dog, where it got a bit sketchy for old men. Didn't try bluff-side trail east of Lyndale.
    Work is the curse of the riding class.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information